Princes Risborough Fire Station
New Road, Princes Risborough, Bucks, HP27 0BS
Drill nights are held on Tuesdays, starting at 7.30pm.
Princes Risborough sits on the western slopes of the Chilterns. The Fire Station faces the well-known landmark, Whiteleaf Cross, which dates back to at least the 1700s. The Fire Station in New Road dates back to just 1959, but there has been a station and firefighters in Princes Risborough since the 1800s.
Before 1959, it was situated in East's Yard. This site no longer exists, but for reference it was where the flats are located today off Church Street, immediately opposite the Malthouse Shopping Parade. There was a field next to East's Yard where the horses that pulled the fire pump grazed when it was not required for a call.
Princes Risborough Fire Station is crewed by an establishment of 12 Retained Duty System staff who respond to incidents from their ‘normal’ jobs working in the local community. Each crew member carries an 'Alerter' while getting on with their everyday life. When they are on call they must be no more than five minutes away from the Fire Station.
Princes Risborough's firefighters give cover to Princes Risborough and surrounding villages including Askett, Cadsden, Horsenden, Longwick, Monks Risborough, Saunderton and Whiteleaf. Premises on their ground include schools, a private hospital, MoD sites, commercial and residential areas and several National Heritage buildings.
There are currently two appliances at Princes Risborough Fire Station. One is a Rescue Pump, call sign FJC 42P1, which arrived in 2006. This is a refurbished appliance from Great Holm Fire Station in Milton Keynes. It replaced the six-wheeled Water Tender/Tanker that was redeployed to Bletchley through Buckinghamshire Fire & Rescue Service's strategic placement plan and later to Olney. The other is a Foam/Water Tanker, call sign FJC 42W5.