Skip to main content.
For emergencies
Call 999
Breadcrumbs for navigation

Can you come and fill a pond?

We are sorry, but we do not fill ponds because using cold chlorinated water from a town water main may kill any fish and small creatures living in it. If a natural pond dries out, it is a matter for the RSPCA, an animal rescue society or the Environment Agency. These organisations have specialist knowledge, and will be able to visit and identify actions to be taken to help any local wildlife being affected by the dry conditions.