16 December 2022 at Midnight
Brigade Headquarters, Stocklake, Aylesbury, Hp20 1BD
£25,363 – £25,934 a year
- Full time
- Permanent contract
- 37-hour week
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Good annual leave entitlement
- Employee benefits
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Occupational Health
- Free onsite parking
- Onsite gym facilities
Are you a problem solver, team player, and have a great eye for detail? Join Buckinghamshire Fire & Rescue Service as our newest Data & Information Support Assistant.
Buckinghamshire Fire & Rescue Service serves a population of more than 800,000 in the Southeast of England. Around 400 firefighters operate from 19 fire stations from the outskirts of London to the South Midlands. We employ around 100 specialist support staff, from ICT to fire prevention. We are a diverse, welcoming community – will you join us?
Find out more about us and our values at www.bucksfire.gov.uk/join-us/
Our Service is only as good as its people. When our employees are engaged and supported, our Service thrives. This why we support flexible and hybrid working.
About the role
The Data & Information Support Assistant will support crews with their post incident reports, ensuring high quality data for analysis. The role will also help maintain our local gazetteer, enabling our control to identify the correct location of an incident during an emergency call.
You will be responsible for
- Quality assurance of incident reports across the service
- To act as the main point of contact for incident reports
- Supporting the Data & Intelligence Team with report requests
- Ensure the Service’s National Land & Property Gazetteer is up to date
- Reconciling the Service’s data with the Home Office.
For further information about the role please review the job description, which can be downloaded via the link below.
We are looking for someone who is
- An analytical thinker
- Highly organised
- A problem-solver
- Able to work on their own and as part of a team
- Comfortable in challenging processes
Experience and skills required
- Demonstratable competence in data and information management
- A good level of understanding of Microsoft office products, specifically Excel
- Able to prioritise and manage diverse workload relationships with senior staff, colleagues, and external agencies.
- Knowledge and understanding of GDPR
- Great team working skills
Application & Interviews
If there are any adaptions or adjustments, we can make to assist you in your application or with our recruitment process, please contact us via email or telephone.
(Internal applicants please log in using your iTrent Self Service username and password)