29 January 2023 at Midnight
Headquarters, Stocklake, Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire, HP20 1BD.
£27,815 to £28,216 a year
- Permanent Contract
- Full time
- 37 hour week
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Good annual leave entitlement
- Employee benefits
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Occupational Health
- Free onsite parking
- Onsite gym facilities
An exciting opportunity has arisen here at Buckinghamshire Fire & Rescue Service for a Facilities Officer.
Buckinghamshire Fire & Rescue Service serves a population of more than 800,000 in the Southeast of England. Around 400 firefighters operate from 19 fire stations from the outskirts of London to the South Midlands. We employ around 100 specialist support staff, from ICT to fire prevention. We are a diverse, welcoming community – will you join us?
Find out more about us and our values at www.bucksfire.gov.uk/join-us/
Our Service is only as good as its people. Our Service thrives when our employees are engaged and supported. This is the reason we support flexible and hybrid working.
About the role
As our Facilities Officer you will manage and maintain the Service’s properties. You will be based at our Headquarters in Aylesbury however the role includes travel from HQ to other sites around the county. Vehicle will be provided.
You will be responsible for:
- Logging and maintaining defects and issues on the Asset Management System
- Support the Facilities Manager in delivering all contractor supplied pre-planned maintenance and minor repairs
- Day-to-day facilities requests for example desk moves
- To undertake duties including manual handling and lifting where necessary
- Keeping any Service vehicles you use in a clean and tidy condition. Adhering to vehicle maintenance schedules.
- To be aware of and follow all necessary quality standards and performance measures
- Provide support to the Facilities Team in the delivery of housekeeping etc.
For further information about the role please review the job description, which can be downloaded via the link below.
We are looking for someone is
- Good at building relationships
- A team player
Experience and skills required
- Delivering excellent customer service
- Previous experience of facilities maintenance
- Experience in evaluating quality of work carried out by contractors
- Confidence to feedback to contractors on work carried out
- Commercial awareness
Application & Interviews
Applications should be made via the e-recruitment system accessed here.
If there are any adaptions or adjustments, we can make to assist you in your application or with our recruitment process, please contact us via email or telephone.
(Internal applicants please log in using your iTrent Self Service username and password)