17 May 2022 at Midnight
46 St Mary Street, High Wycombe, HP11 2HE
£11,719 – £12,227 a year (pro-rata)
- Part time
- Permanent contract
- 22.5-hour week
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Good annual leave entitlement
- Employee benefits
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Occupational Health
- Free onsite parking
- Onsite gym facilities
Do you enjoy cooking and getting creative in the kitchen? Have experience as a Cook and are looking to for a new challenge? Then our High Wycombe Fire Station needs you!
We are looking for a new part-time cook at High Wycombe Fire Station.
Buckingham Fire and Rescue Service has 19 strategically placed stations that service Buckinghamshire and Milton Keynes. High Wycombe station is one of our larger stations with both Wholetime and On-Call serving firefighters. The station is available 24/7, 365 days a year and home to two fire appliances. The crews at the Station work hard to keep their community and wider area a safe place to live, work and travel but they can’t do that on an empty stomach.
- Design meal plans with the watch based mess managers that meet both nutritional and dietary requirements
- Prep and prepare meals in according to food health and safety standards
- To provide catering for corporate events as required
- Reordering stock and food supplies
- Keep accurate records and accounts of food purchase
- Operate, clean and look after kitchen area, appliances etc
Key Skills desired
- Cook experience
- Demonstrate good understanding of Food Standard Agency guidelines
- Experience with fresh food produce
- Enjoy working in a positive setting that allows you to express yourself
- Is flexible, reliable and conscientious
- Works on their own initiative
If you pride yourself on delivering high quality, healthy, wholesome meals and are capable of working in a dynamic kitchen environment we would love to hear from you!
If there are any adaptions or adjustments we can make to assist you in your application or with our recruitment process, please let us know.
For further information please review the job description via the link below.
(Internal applicants please log in using your iTrent Self Service username and password)
I have a disability – can I apply for a Support Staff role?
Do Support Staff receive a pension?
Do you offer any work experience or volunteering opportunities?
Are there any apprentice opportunities available?
Are Support Staff members eligible for any employee benefits?
Would I receive a pension as a Support Staff employee?
Do you check if your employees have a criminal record?
My faith requires me to fast; can I still apply for Support Staff roles?
What are the working hours for Support Staff roles?