8 December 2022 at Midnight
Brigade Headquarters, Stocklake, Aylesbury, Hp20 1BD
£25,363 – £28,216 a year
- Full time
- Permanent contract
- 37-hour week
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Good annual leave entitlement
- Employee benefits
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Occupational Health
- Free onsite parking
- Onsite gym facilities
Are you a problem solver, team player and an IT whizz? A fantastic opportunity has been made available to join our team as an ICT Service Desk Technician.
Buckinghamshire Fire & Rescue Service serves a population of more than 800,000 in the Southeast of England. Around 400 firefighters operate from 19 fire stations from the outskirts of London to the South Midlands. Not all lifesavers wear uniforms. We employ around 100 people from specialist support staff to education and fire prevention. We are a diverse, welcoming community – will you join us?
Find out more about us and our values at www.bucksfire.gov.uk/join-us/
About the role
The Service Desk team plays a key role in the service by providing a single initial customer interface for all information and communications technology service requests.
You will be responsible for
- Providing fast and effective resolution to user ICT issues. These include local and wide area networks; remote networking, desktops, and laptops; security and mobilising and control systems.
- Support the provision of a 24-7 ICT service by being part of an on-call rota
- Travel around Buckinghamshire and Milton Keynes offering on site ICT support
We are looking for
- A natural problem solver and task finisher
- Can work under minimum supervision, dealing with multiple tasks, with often demanding deadlines
- A great communicator who keeps customer satisfaction at the heart of all they do
Experience and skills required
- Strong ICT problem solving skills and driven to deliver a ‘first-time resolution’ for internal customers
- Great team working skills
- Experience in Network and PC support with specific experience in supporting MS Windows, MS SQL, MS Office 365, and Exchange
- A valid driving license is essential
If there are any adaptions or adjustments, we can make to assist you in your application or with our recruitment process, please contact us via email or telephone. For further information about the role please review the job description, which can be downloaded via the link below.
(Internal applicants please log in using your iTrent Self Service username and password)
So, if you think you’ve got what it takes and want a challenging career – come and work for us! We are based at our Brigade Headquarters, located at Stocklake in Aylesbury.