31 October 2021 at Midnight
Haddenham Fire Station, Stanbridge Road, Haddenham, HP17 8JF
Salary Scale H £29,789 – £31,142 a year
- Permanent contract
- 37-hour week
- Full time
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Good annual leave entitlement
- Employee benefits
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Occupational Health
- Free onsite parking
- Onsite gym facilities
An excellent opportunity has arisen here at Buckinghamshire Fire & Rescue Service, where our vision is to make Buckinghamshire and Milton Keynes the safest areas in England in which to live, work and travel.
Buckinghamshire Fire & Rescue Service is looking for an Large Goods Vehicle (LGV) Response Driving Instructor to join our team based at Haddenham Fire Station.
The successful applicant will be responsible for providing instruction on all aspects of LGV and emergency response driver training. You will also identify skill shortfalls and resolve training needs.
Essential requirements include;
- Qualifications of LGV Licence holder – Category C, with a minimum of five years’ experience
- Advanced Driving qualification
- Driving Standards Agency LGV Instructor and or ADI certificate
- First Aid at Work certificate
- Train the Trainer qualification
Desirable requirements include;
- Emergency Response Driver qualification,
- Emergency Response Driver Instructor qualification,
- Forklift Truck Instructor,
- Off Road Driving qualification.
Training is available for the above.
You must be flexible in your approach to working hours and be able to demonstrate good communication skills. The successful candidate will be employed under Local Government Green Book terms and conditions.
If you would like an informal discussion prior to applying, please contact Kevin Dell (email@example.com)
For further information about the role, please review the job description.
(Internal applicants please log in using your iTrent Self Service username and password)
I have a disability – can I apply for a Support Staff role?
Do Support Staff receive a pension?
Do you offer any work experience or volunteering opportunities?
Are there any apprentice opportunities available?
Are Support Staff members eligible for any employee benefits?
Would I receive a pension as a Support Staff employee?
Do you check if your employees have a criminal record?
My faith requires me to fast; can I still apply for Support Staff roles?
What are the working hours for Support Staff roles?