3 July 2022 at Midnight
Headquarters, Stocklake, Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire, HP20 1BD
£18,328 – £18,355 a year (National Living Wage)
- Full time
- Two Year Fixed Term Contract
- 37 hour week
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Good annual leave entitlement
- Employee benefits
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Access to Occupational Health provision
- Free onsite parking
- Onsite gym facilities
We are looking for an enthusiastic and committed Payroll Apprentice, to work in our Payroll department, based at our Headquarters in Aylesbury.
Working as part of a small team delivering our payroll function, your core tasks will be centred on processing and administration of our payroll and benefits scheme.
You’ll be helping us achieve our required standards of customer service by undertaking employee administrative transactions:
Ideally you will be able to:
- Use a wide range of IT systems
- Work to time sensitive deadlines with good attention to detail
- Work well on your own as well as part of a team
You will also have:
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- High levels of integrity, honesty, reliability, and confidentiality
This post has a wide range of responsibilities as outlined in the attached job description.
What are the entry requirements?
To be eligible to apply for this role, you will need to have:
- GCSE’s in Maths and English A* – C/4-9 (or equivalent).
We are looking for someone who can communicate effectively with a wide range of people, and enjoys working in a team environment, with:
- A ‘can do’ attitude
- A willingness to learn
What certification will you achieve?
As part of this job you will be enrolled onto a Payroll Administrator or Business Administration Apprenticeship.
How will I be assessed during the apprenticeship scheme?
You will be assessed in a variety of ways which could include:
- Formal external courses and examinations
- On the job observations
- Evidence of your duties/tasks performed
- Reports from mentors and managers
- Production of an e-portfolio of evidence
- End point assessment
What happens after the apprenticeship?
At the end of the apprenticeship scheme, we will work closely with you to identify the next steps, this could include:
- A job with us
- Further or higher education
If there are any adaptions or adjustments, we can make to assist you in your application or with our recruitment process, please contact us via email or telephone.
For further information about the role please review the job description, which can be downloaded via the link below.
I have a disability – can I apply for a Support Staff role?
Do Support Staff receive a pension?
Do you offer any work experience or volunteering opportunities?
Are there any apprentice opportunities available?
Are Support Staff members eligible for any employee benefits?
Would I receive a pension as a Support Staff employee?
Do you check if your employees have a criminal record?
My faith requires me to fast; can I still apply for Support Staff roles?
What are the working hours for Support Staff roles?