14 August 2022 at Midnight
Broughton , H6 Childs Way, Milton Keynes, MK10 9AP
£11,382 – £11,591.50 a year
- Part Time
- Permanent contract
- 18.5 hour week
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Good annual leave entitlement
- Employee benefits
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Occupational Health
- Free onsite parking
- Onsite gym facilities
We are looking for an additional Public Safety Administrator to join our Milton Keynes Administration Team part-time, which supports the work of both our Prevention and Protection departments.
We have developed a reputation for high standards of service to our local community while continually improving our value for money.
These values of effective and efficient service are as applicable to internal support as they are to our core business of prevention, protection and emergency incident response.
The holder of this role will be expected to provide a high standard of administrative support to assist in the efficient and effective running of our public safety administration service, which in turn supports the work of the Prevention and Protection departments.
Working as part of the team you will have a wide and variable range of responsibilities including:
- Providing admin assistance to Watch and Station Commanders, and Group Managers.
- Taking minutes at internal and external meetings, circulating minutes, maintaining action logs and sending reminders when appropriate.
- Providing admin support to the work of our Protection and Prevention departments.
- Providing admin support to our Resource Management Team.
- Taking telephone/email requests for Fire and Wellness Visits from members of the public and partner agencies, and actioning these requests on our information system.
- Maintaining appropriate records, raising purchase requests through our Integra Finance system and liaising with our Finance Department to clarify queries
- Helping to cover administrator functions of the regional admin teams, north and south of the county, either remotely or in person if reasonably possible.
Skills and Experience:
We are looking for someone with the following skills and experience:
- A sound general level of educational achievement.
- Proven office/administration experience.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft packages which include Outlook, Excel and Word with good keyboard and data input skills.
- Ability to work to time sensitive timelines with attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Minute taking.
- Basic numerical skills.
- Able to prioritise tasks.
Interested? Next steps:
For further information about the role please review the role profile, which can be downloaded below.
If you think you might be who we are looking for, please complete a supporting statement on the application form, containing evidence that demonstrates how you meet the essential elements of the profile.
If there are any adaptions or adjustments, we can make to assist you in your application or with our recruitment process, please contact us via email on firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications should be made through the e-recruitment system.
(Internal applicants please log in using your iTrent Self Service username and password)
I have a disability – can I apply for a Support Staff role?
Do Support Staff receive a pension?
Do you offer any work experience or volunteering opportunities?
Are there any apprentice opportunities available?
Are Support Staff members eligible for any employee benefits?
Would I receive a pension as a Support Staff employee?
Do you check if your employees have a criminal record?
My faith requires me to fast; can I still apply for Support Staff roles?
What are the working hours for Support Staff roles?