5 August 2021 at midnight
Headquarters, Stocklake, Aylesbury, HP20 1BD
£28,226 – £28,860 a year, plus an additional 7.5 per cent out-of-hours retainer
- Fixed term contract until 31 March 2022
- 42 hours a week with On-Call
- Full time
- Additional 7.5 per cent out-of-hours retainer
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Good annual leave entitlement
- Employee benefits
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Occupational Health
- Free onsite parking
- Onsite gym facilities
An excellent opportunity has arisen at Buckinghamshire Fire & Rescue Service for a Resource Support Officer. This role is based at Headquarters in Aylesbury.
We are currently recruiting for a Resource Support Officer. We are looking to increase our Resource Management Team (RMT) and applications are invited from individuals who are suitably qualified to work within a busy Resource Management environment. The purpose of this role is to provide support to the RMT Station Commander by assisting in the management of operational resourcing and providing a link between operational stations, Thames Valley Fire Control Service (TVFCS) and our Duty Officers.
The role will also include:
- Managing resources in the event of the Operational Support Room being established
- Supporting the response to events such as significant protracted incidents or spate conditions
- Managing business continuity arrangements for major events or instances where the resilience of the Service may be affected
Successful applicants must be prepared to work flexibly, providing availability out of hours on a retaining fee system.
The Resource Management Team hours will be 12-hour shifts from 07:00 – 19:00, seven days a week on a rota basis.
For further information about the role please review the job description.
(Internal applicants please log in using your iTrent Self Service username and password)
I have a disability – can I apply for a Support Staff role?
Do Support Staff receive a pension?
Do you offer any work experience or volunteering opportunities?
Are there any apprentice opportunities available?
Are Support Staff members eligible for any employee benefits?
Would I receive a pension as a Support Staff employee?
Do you check if your employees have a criminal record?
My faith requires me to fast; can I still apply for Support Staff roles?
What are the working hours for Support Staff roles?