17 July 2020 (Midnight)
Brigade Headquarters, Stocklake, Aylesbury, HP20 1BD
£27,672 – £28,294 a year
- Permanent contract
- 42 hour week (with On-Call, out of hours, availability)
- Full time
- Additional 7.5 per cent out of hours retainer (subject to conditions of service)
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Good annual leave entitlement
- Employee benefits
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Occupational Health
- Free onsite parking
- Onsite gym facilities
We are looking for dynamic individuals to join our Resource Management Team (RMT) and applications are invited from both internal and external candidates who are suitably qualified to work within a busy resource management environment.
The purpose of this role is to provide support to the RMT Station Commander by assisting in the management of operational resourcing and provide a link between our Duty Officers, operational fire stations and Thames Valley Fire Control Service (TVFCS).
The successful candidate will be required to:
- Support the Senior Resource Support Officer (SRSO) and Team Leader in developing and maintaining up to date, policies, procedures and risk information;
- Identify opportunities for service improvement and/or efficiencies and to communicate these to the SRSO;
- Actively manage self-development and assist the SRSO and Team Leader with the coaching, mentoring and induction of colleagues;
- Manage resources in the event of the Operational Support Room (OSR) being established;
- Support the response to events such as a significant protracted incidents or spate conditions;
- Manage business continuity arrangements for major events or instances where the resilience of the Service may be affected;
- Support specific projects relevant to the scope and responsibilities of the position.
Applicants will be asked to provide evidence of working with data systems and may be asked to complete an assessment as part of the interview process.
RMT hours will be 12 hour shifts from 07:00 – 19:00, seven days a week on a rota basis averaging 7 shifts per 14 days.
For further information about the role please review the job description, which can be downloaded via the related downloads button below.
You can also contact Station Commander, Andrew Holtzhausen (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Senior Resource Support Officer, Wendy Goody (email@example.com).
If you are interested in this vacancy, please click “Apply”.
I have a disability – can I apply for a Support Staff role?
Do Support Staff receive a pension?
Do you offer any work experience or volunteering opportunities?
Are there any apprentice opportunities available?
Are Support Staff members eligible for any employee benefits?
Would I receive a pension as a Support Staff employee?
Do you check if your employees have a criminal record?
My faith requires me to fast; can I still apply for Support Staff roles?
What are the working hours for Support Staff roles?