16 October 2022 at Midnight
Headquarters, Stocklake, Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire, HP20 1BD
£35,003 – £38,069 per annum (including two hours guaranteed overtime per week and a market supplement)
Potential earnings: £37,431 – £40,497 (including call-out allowance)
- Full time
- Permanent contract
- 39 hour week (this is including the two hours guaranteed overtime)
- Call out allowance
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Good annual leave entitlement
- Employee benefits
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Occupational Health
- Free onsite parking
- Onsite gym facilities
Buckinghamshire Fire & Rescue Service has an exciting vacancy for a HGV Vehicle Technician.
This role is based in the workshop at Headquarters in Stocklake, Aylesbury, where our vision is to make Buckinghamshire and Milton Keynes the safest areas in England in which to live, work and travel.
The successful candidate will be part of a team that are responsible for the servicing, repair and maintenance of the fleet of emergency vehicles, plant, equipment and support vehicles that support the fire service.
- NVQ Level 3 Motor Vehicle qualification (or equivalent eg. City and Guilds)
- Skilled in all aspects of light and heavy vehicle servicing and repairs, including diagnostics/electrics
- Experience of welding and associated equipment
- Vehicle and tool hydraulics
- Full driving licence, ideally with category C entitlement (LGV)
- Self-motivated, able to work on own initiative to high standards of work
- Live within 30 minutes travelling time to Aylesbury
Buckinghamshire Fire and Rescue Service can offer you:
- Competitive salary: £35,003 – £38,069 (including two hours guaranteed overtime per week and a market supplement).
- Potential earnings: £37,431 – £40,497 (including call-out allowance)
- Occasional casual overtime
- Working pattern – 39 hour week: Monday – Thursday 8am – 5pm and Friday 8am – 4pm
- 23 days holiday increasing to 28 days with five years’ service plus bank holidays
- Fantastic culture of training and development with onsite and residential training courses, qualifications and internal progression
You will be required to take part in the emergency on-call rota one week out of seven, where you will initially be mentored by another team member, usually for the duration of the six-month probation period.
For an informal discussion, please contact Jez Finden, Fleet Manager on 01296 744610.
If there are any adaptions or adjustments we can make to assist you in your application or with our recruitment process, please contact us via email or telephone.
For further information about the role please review the job description, which can be downloaded via the link below.
Applications should be made via the e-recruitment system.
(Internal applicants please log in using your iTrent Self Service username and password)
I have a disability – can I apply for a Support Staff role?
Do Support Staff receive a pension?
Do you offer any work experience or volunteering opportunities?
Are there any apprentice opportunities available?
Are Support Staff members eligible for any employee benefits?
Would I receive a pension as a Support Staff employee?
Do you check if your employees have a criminal record?
My faith requires me to fast; can I still apply for Support Staff roles?
What are the working hours for Support Staff roles?