Completing fire safety risk assessments for sleeping accommodation.
This guide gives advice about sleeping accommodation for staff, common areas for residents and sleeping, dining or other accommodation for guests/residents including:
- the common areas of houses in multiple occupation
- the common areas of flats and maisonettes
- the common areas of sheltered accommodation where care is not provided
- bed and breakfasts, guest houses, holiday chalets, holiday flat complexes, camping, caravan and holiday parks (other than privately owned individual units)
- areas in work places where staff ‘sleeping in’ is a condition of the employment or a business requirement as in licensed premises or hotels
This guide is not intended for domestic premises, hospitals, residential care and nursing homes and prisons and other establishments where people are in lawful custody.