Skip to main content.
For emergencies
Call 999
Breadcrumbs for navigation

Contact Us

On this page you will find various ways of contacting us with your enquiries about safety, educational visits, communication and recruitment.

In an emergency situation, if you are unable to talk to an operator, you can also use your phone to text the emergency services for help – Emergency SMS has been designed for people with hearing loss or difficulty with speech, although anyone can use it.

Find out more about Emergency SMS here.

For Emergencies

General Enquiries
Mon to Thurs 8.30am – 4.30pm
Fri 8.30am – 4pm

or send a message.

(Please be aware the mailboxes are not monitored 24/7 so you may experience a delay in response).

    We will use this number to contact you to assess your needs and book a visit where necessary.

    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.
    Other telephone numbers

    Educational visits or talks

    Communication and media

    01296 744443 / 01296 744445



    Frequently Asked Questions

    Where are your fire stations located?

    We have 19 strategically placed stations across Buckinghamshire and Milton Keynes. They are located at (listed in alphabetical order): Amersham, Aylesbury, Beaconsfield, Brill, Broughton, Buckingham, Chesham, Gerrards Cross, Great Missenden, Haddenham, High Wycombe, Marlow, Newport Pagnell, Olney, Princes Risborough, Stokenchurch, Waddesdon, West Ashland and Winslow. Details about our fire stations and their locations can be found on our ‘About Us‘ page.

    My smoke alarm is beeping what do I do?

    A beeping or chirping smoke alarm can indicate a fault with the battery or sensor within it. Although the smoke alarm may continue to work in the short term when the beep is intermittent, the cause of the beeping needs to be investigated and if necessary the smoke alarm should be replaced.

    What is the fitness test for Wholetime Firefighters?

    As part of our Wholetime Firefighters fitness tests you will be required to complete the Bleep Test to a level 8.6, as well as the completion of 3 strength tests. These include Equipment Grip and Carry (testing aerobic endurance and grip), Ladder Haul-Aloft (testing upper body strength) and a Push-Pull test. If you are considering applying, it is advisable that you start working on your fitness and strength in advance. If you are successful at the early stages of the process, you will then be ready for the fitness test. It is also important that you maintain your fitness.

    I have a disability – can I apply for a Support Staff role?

    Yes you can. We welcome all applications. As part of the recruitment process, you will be asked if you have a disability, and asked to give details of the type of adjustments you may require in order to take part in the selection process and to fulfil the role you are applying for, should you be successful. Each case will be considered on an individual basis and, where reasonable adjustments can be made, your application will be progressed.