Completing fire safety risk assessments for large places of assembly.
This guide is for all employers, managers, occupiers and owners of large places of assembly. It is intended for premises where the main use of the building, or part of the building, is a large place of assembly (i.e. premises where more than 300 people could gather), these include:
- sports stadia
- exhibition and conference centres
- leisure centres
- swimming pools
- large nightclubs and large pubs
- churches, cathedrals, other places of religious worship or study
- common areas of shopping malls
- large temporary structures, marquees/tents, air-supported structures
- large community centres
- large village halls and similar premises
This guide does not apply to premises that include sleeping accommodation, theatres, cinemas, concert halls and similar premises, and/or outdoor facilities.