There are seven initial steps to becoming an On-Call Firefighter in Buckinghamshire and Milton Keynes
- Awareness evening: You will visit a local station and more about the role and responsibilities will be explained. Click here to sign up for an awareness evening.
- Application form: After the awareness session you will be given a link to an online application form.
- Interview: If your application is successful you will be invited to interview.
- Written and role-based tests: If your interview is successful you will be invited to participate in online written testing using SHL, and role-based physical testing. The role-based physical testing includes a bleep test with a passing score of 8.6 (the bleep test will be conducted on a separate day). The video below will help you learn more about the role-related tests.
- Occupational health medical: If you are successful in the tests, you will be invited for an Occupational health medical, this assessment determines if you are medically fit to perform the role.
- Formal offer of employment: If you pass all of the above you may be offered employment.
- Induction day: You will come to a fire station to start your On-Call journey!