For emergencies
Nuisance Parking

Nuisance Parking

Buckinghamshire Fire & Rescue Service regularly receives complaints about nuisance parking, despite having no power to regulate it.

Concerns about parking that poses an immediate danger to the public should be reported to Thames Valley Police online or by calling the non-emergency number 101. This includes vehicles parked:

  • on zig zag lines or a pedestrian crossing
  • in a way that would prevent emergency vehicles from gaining access
  • dangerously

Vehicles that are parked in contravention of a legal parking restriction are parking concerns that should be reported to your local council for enforcement. These include vehicles parked:

  • opposite or within ten metres of a junction
  • over a dropped kerb
  • in spaces reserved for Blue Badge holders, residents or motorbikes (unless entitled to do so)
  • in marked taxi bays or cycle lanes
  • near a school entrance
  • near a bus stop
  • on double yellow lines

If a parking space is available on a public road, even if it is directly outside your house, anyone is allowed to park there. However frustrating, this is not a matter for the police, the council or the fire and rescue service.

If someone parks on your driveway without your permission, this is trespassing which is a civil dispute. Again, this is not a matter for the police or the council.

The local authorities responsible for Parking enforcement in your area are Buckinghamshire Council & Milton Keynes Council.

Share this article


Related news and upates

Boat Fire Safety Week 2024

Congratulations to the winners of the NFCC Apprenticeship Awards!

Collaborative project delivers stronger fire service alignment in Thames Valley 

IFE Qualifications