Buckinghamshire Fire & Rescue Service aims to make Buckinghamshire and Milton Keynes the safest place in England in which to live, work and travel. In order to achieve this, the service delivers educational engagement visits.
We aim to provide an educational engagement visit to every child in Year 5 in primary school, as at this age children are developing responsibility, going out on their own, often carrying mobile phones.
Educational visits cover:
- The role of the fire and rescue service
- How to make an effective 999 call
- Escape planning
- What to do if there is a fire in your home
- What to do if someone’s clothes catch light
If you would like to arrange an educational engagement visit for your Year 5 group then please include the following required information:
- the school you are making the request on behalf of
- your name
- contact details
- how many pupils and classes in your Year 5
- if any of the pupils have special educational needs