Skip to main content.

For Emergencies
Call 999

For emergencies
Call 999
Main Sections on bucksfire.gov.uk
Breadcrumbs for navigation

Princes Risborough Fire Station

Princes Risborough sits on the western slopes of the Chilterns. The fire station faces the well-known landmark, Whiteleaf Cross, which dates back to at least the 1700s. The fire station in New Road dates back to 1959, but there has been a station and firefighters in Princes Risborough since the 1800s.

Location icon
Princes Risborough Fire Station
New Road,
Princes Risborough, HP27 0BS
United Kingdom

Drill Nights
Drill nights are held on Tuesdays, starting at 6.45pm.

Before 1959, the fire station was situated in East’s Yard. This site no longer exists, but for reference, it was where the flats are located today off Church Street, immediately opposite the Malthouse Shopping Parade. There was a field next to East’s Yard where the horses that pulled the fire pump grazed when it was not required for a call.

The fire station is crewed by On-Call staff who respond to incidents from their ‘normal’ jobs working in the local community. Each crew member carries an alerter while getting on with their everyday life.

Princes Risborough’s firefighters give cover to Princes Risborough and surrounding villages including Askett, Cadsden, Horsenden, Longwick, Monks Risborough, Saunderton and Whiteleaf. Premises on their ground include schools, a private hospital, MoD sites, commercial and residential areas and several National Heritage buildings.

There are currently two appliances at Princes Risborough Fire Station. One is a rescue pump which arrived in 2006. This is a refurbished appliance from Great Holm Fire Station in Milton Keynes. The other is a foam/water tanker.

Station Commander
Pete Skinner

Princes Risborough Rescue Pump Scania

Rescue Pump | Scania | Registration number KX06MUB | Registered 2006

Princes Risborough Foam Tanker Volvo

Foam Tanker | Volvo | Registration number X138OFC | Registered April 2000