Buckinghamshire Fire & Rescue Service’s Prevention Team has put together two free online training sessions.
They are for all people who work with or support people across Buckinghamshire or Milton Keynes to help them identify and reduce the risk of fire.
On this training you will:
- Learn about Buckinghamshire Fire & Rescue Service and different ways in which we help protect the lives of the communities we serve.
- Learn about who is at risk of fire in the home, and why
- Learn to identify the warning signs of fire risk around the home
- Understand how to take a person-centred approach to fire risk assessment and how individual behaviour impacts on risk
- Understand how we can work with the individual to reduce the risk in the home
- Look at some real case studies to understand the risks, actions taken and how we worked to achieve real outcomes for the individual and the people working with them
- Look at what can be learnt from some recent Safeguarding Adult Reviews and the role of capacity in fire safety planning
- Be welcome to ask us any questions you have about your role and our role in fire safety
This training would be ideal for a wide range of people, including:
- People working in adult social care
- Dog walkers
- Support workers
- Housing officers
- Occupational therapists
- Food delivery drivers
- People working in children’s services
- Police officers or PCSOs
- Environmental health officers
- Sensory teams
- Family workers
- Utilities workers
This list is not exhaustive – if you visit people in their own homes, this course is for you!
The links to these online events are:
- Tuesday 6 July 2021, 14.00-15.30: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/fire-sense-tickets-158623795041
- Thursday 15 July 2021, 10.00-11.30: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/fire-sense-tickets-158625676669